Roles and Responsibilities
(The Center) Leadership Committee
- The Leadership Committee is the figurehead for the entire team.
- Oversees all projects and Tech Crewsaders Endeavors.
- Establishes the long-term aims that the Tech Crewsaders should accomplish
- Creates a sense of collaboration for different projects within the Tech Crewsaders, preventing a sense of disunity.
- The Committee will also serve as a liaison between faculty members who are interested in starting a partnered project with the Tech Crewsaders team
(The Ring) Project Leaders
- The main role of project leaders is to ensure the progression of their respective projects as predetermined by both themselves with members of the Leadership Committee.
- They are also responsible for coordinating day-to-day operations for their projects and their team members, including staff.
- At the same time they must periodically update and maintain a line of information with members of the Leadership Committee, with overseers from the Leadership Committee.
(The Legs) Members
- Responsible for key parts in a collaborative group in bringing the success of a project and is responsible for the tasks given to them by their project leaders.
- Members and staff are expected to be on task with their assigned work. However the use of members and staff should not be abused by project leaders.
- If a project fails or is not progressing, the members are not held accountable but instead their Project Leaders and Leadership Committee are fully responsible.
The role of the faculty coordinator within the Tech Crewsaders is an interesting one. While he or she provides a sense of leadership it is key to note that they should not specify the direction of the Tech Crewsaders directly. One of the most important roles of the coordinator is to ensure that the team allows for ideas amongst members to be free-flowing. It has been demonstrated that students have some of the best ideas when left to their own devices and we try to emulate this on every level of the team. Some of the biggest accomplishments from this laissez-faire environment are the Tech Crewsaders Magazine and the Tech Crewsaders website.
Therefore, the role of the coordinator is one of a facilitator, who is there to offer to support to project teams or individuals as by securing what Daniel Pink calls the “truth behind what motivates people”; autonomy, mastery and purpose. Regardless of whether or not the facilitator believes Tech Crewsader’s goal or project is achievable, they must allow the process to evolve organically and value the it more than the product. The facilitator is a coach and mentor who leads by example and offers positive reinforcement to projects that achieve their stated goals, and direction to those that fall short, but most importantly strives to uphold the integrity of the Tech Crewsaders in all processes and projects.